Friday, March 13, 2009

Tears In My Eyes


Oh! Wicked city

With your naked thighs

Tall towers and empty eyes

Your useless breath

My soul dies

In your wicked city

My eye cries

Change your curtains

Put on a new life

Put on some jewels

Enough of your fake tries

I need some warmth tonight

To travel through my loneliness.

 

***

 

Dark streets

Those dark streets

I now understand your emptiness.

 

Broken houses

Brown broken houses

I now understand your empty airs.

 

Painted faces

Pain painted faces

I now understand your fake standing smiles.

 

***

 

Beneath all things there lies a feeling

Beneath all things there is a reason

Without all things there is emptiness

Far removed and with jaws.

 

***

 

I feel distant, far and forlorn

I feel crowded with ugly stones

Dumb, numb, nowhere to turn

I feel the dark shadows

But even them I can’t turn to.

 

***

No comments: