Monday, May 16, 2011

Rabbit Tied Around Their Eyes [Song]



Everyone’s wearing a stamp on their forehead
Light bulbs hanging bright around their neck
Been walking to where they were asked to go
This just a song, so I won’t mind my head

Just a song that was written while sitting on a tree
Just some words that fall but become part of nothing
Hollow smoke rings stuck in a thick chunk of time
This just a song, so my head I really won’t mind

Silver sun burning inside and out of their brains
Golden goose churning in the pants of crime
But no one is learning, not even pretending
But this just a song, so my head I won’t mind

Just a song written while I was feeling like a fruit
Just some words that came out as I spoke like a brute
They mean nothing, Bonking Jupiter’s, Oopsy Daisy
It’s just a song, so my mind I won't let crazy

The fingers have grown claws that need to be painted
Songs are sung, as by people, other people get sainted
And in all of this chaos no one notices that God has fainted
But it’s just a song, by someone absolutely demented

Written atop an ancient hymn lying on the ocean floor
Just some thoughtless words upon thought’s non-existing door
But what does it matter, when no one is keeping the score
It’s just a song, not that you’d use your head anymore

Paper pads for memories and a rubber ball connecting the Gene
When the wild wolf howls, they think it’s a cucumber they mean
But this high crimson bridge of teeth is nothing like I had seen
It’s just a song, what does it matter where my mind has been

Just a song written while sitting inside a broken teapot
Just some words that in the war had been long forgot
Glazing ceramic eyes that see the world as it is not
This just a song, over which my mind right now is caught

Everyone’s wearing a rabbit around their eyes
Soft flesh protecting them from reacting to the mice
For surely if the eye does not see, then the ear can’t hear
This just a song, I wont break my head I fear

Just a song written while I was speaking to the caterpillar
Just some words that we drank from the cold damp cellar
A dream for my mouth and its curling vicious propeller
This just a song, but is it just my head or does your head feel any better?

It’s just a song
It’s just a song
Don’t take me wrong
It’s just a song.


No comments: