Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Hitch-Hicker

The Birth Of Tragedy

Scene Five

Pam and Jim are lying on a bed, in a hotel in Paris. There is are books thrown all over the place. The lights are dim, to create an effect of doom.

(Pam) Jim are you planning to start writing your book?

(Jim) Hey Pam I was wondering if I should…I wonder if me and my poems will hear our echo in the great monument of time.

(Pam) But you are great Jim, simply great, everyone loves you.

(Jim) They can’t love me, because they don’t know me. They love the singing shaman. The medicine man of the purple sunrise.

(Pam) No Jim they love you and I love you. And I am quite sure that Jim you will be remembered…forever.

(Jim) Such is the nature of all being. That when one dream reaches its orgasm, and stands on the verge of being transformed into a memory, the dream itself if forgotten like a surrogate mother. I will write, but it will not be enough.

(Pam) What do you think you want to write about?

(Jim) I want to instill the world with the true idea of freedom, for them to kill whatever they have been breast fed with and want them to acknowledge what they really want to believe. I wish to transform all of being into one womb, immaculate and content in its own existence.

(Pam) Don’t you think Paris was a good choice?

(Jim) Yes honey! It was but I miss recording and the concerts.

(Pam) That was not you Jim. You never wanted to do that. You had got stuck.

(Jim) May be honey, but I still loved it…
how do you like this?

There is one symbol beyond the fall.
The most beautiful of them all,
All but one, That startling sight.
Sparkling thought at creations height.
She strides across the pagan land.
And crushes competition with her hand.
She smiles and releases death.
In one foaming breath.
An archangel of this dust.
Bright light!
Bright light!
Follow her;
She sprinkle spectrums forever.

(Pam) That’s great Jim, who did you write that for?

(Jim) You honey. (Pam is fully conscious of his love at this moment so she hugs him, Jim stays like that for some time then gets up and leaves to the bathroom). I’ll take a bath. (picks up his whiskey).

(Pam) With the whiskey? (Jim turns around but says nothing)
but the doctor has asked you not to drink Jim.

(Jim) They wouldn’t mind telling me not to live as well.

(Pam) No Jim I am scared. Please don’t drink.

(Jim) Don’t be scared honey…death makes angels of all and gives us wings for where we had shoulders as smooth as ravens claws. Life hurts a lot more honey.

(Pam) But I am human honey, and I feel and react like one, and I don’t want you to die.

(Jim) I won’t!

Jim walks to the bathtub with his clothes on and sits in the bathtub. And starts to drink. Silence.

(Pam) Hey Jim. You there?
Don’t joke Jim! You there?
(Enters the bathroom)
Jim! JIM! “Jim!!” (screams)
Holy shit Jim, I told you Jim, I told you so. (Takes the bottle from jims hand and starts to drink and goes of to sleep crying). (At least 1.30 minutes to 2 minutes)

The lights fade to black. Enter messenger.

(Messenger) Look beyond the clouds
How are old boy sits
In the lap of Zeus
Just like you kids
Wasn’t he too strange for you?
Whispering shaman of the blues.
But now he is gone
In the great chariot
Amongst great cheer
To the wise and the dead.

But I still wonder
What you did
Ran from one world
To another, like you did.
And shook both the worlds
As you did.
Look what you have done
To a trembling fairy
She trembles like a sweet mystery.
It was not right.
She was human and you were bright
With a circle to protect you from life’s guile.

But you took her by surprise
and look how she cries
every moment she dies
closer to you and farther away.
Unaware that she will not find you again.

But such is nature
And such it must stay
Forever, today
Come now my child
I will take you home!

The messenger takes Pamela by the hand, she gets up and leaves with the messenger and Jim.

Lights fade to black.

…End of Scene Five…

No comments: